Find the right Haircut Style for your Face Shape
Picking a hair style is totally up to you! But to help you find out what might look best on you, you might want to try and follow some simple rules. The number 1 item on your list should be what style would suit your face shape.
The oval face is one of the easiest for your hairdresser to work with.. Most women with an oval face can pick many styles and lengths and it will look good. A oval face is about 1.5 times as long as it is wide, with your forehead slightly wider than your jaw.
Round faces faces often have a rounded chin. Since they have less length than a oval face it helps to create a illusion of a longer face with the right hairstyles. Often you can do this by adding height on top of the head, and keeping hair width down by placing it flatter at the side and by your ears.and minimising hair width by keeping it flat at the sides and around the ears.
Faces with a narrow forhead and wider at the jawline, with a rounder chin are Pear shaped. Again the hairstyle you have with this type face helps create a illusion of the oval face again. You do this by adding width at your forhead and temples.
Heart shaped faces are narrowest at the jawline and wider at your temples. Often with a somewhat smaller chin. The style of hair should create oval by adding width at your jawline.
Diamond shaped faces are narrow in the forehead and chin, then widest at the cheekbones. Add width at your forehead and minimize it at the cheekbones
Rectangular faces have a square chin and hairline, and are longer and narrowed. The ideal style of haircut is one which creates width at the sides helping widen your face. A side part can help reduce the square shaped face and a fringe can help shorten it.
Square faces are characterized by a square jawline and hairline at the forehead. A bit shorter than normal, so a haircut style needs to create a longer looking face. Layerd hair can help soften your jawline. Jaw and brow nearly same width. Wispy hair around your face can often help lower the squareness.
Often people come in to the hair salon and say, "Give me a Jennifer Aniston", but you really need to find a style that works well for your face shape, or else no matter how good your stylist is it wont look good...
How to get the Most Flattering Hair Style
Look through our celebrity haircuts to find a hot new hair style. But make sure sure you are willing to do the work necessary to keep it. Sometimes it might take a lot of hour to get it styled the same way.
Here are the top 5 Important Questions you should ask yourself.
1. How much time do I want to spend? Include hair drying, hair straightening, hair curling, special conditioning, styling, etc. Be realistic about your lifestyle and hair grooming habits. If you don't have the time, don't get a high maintenance hair style.
2. Is my hair in good condition? You might make your hair worse if you need extensions, bleaching or something else done if your hair is already brittle and damaged.
3. What is my face shape? As we discussed above its very important. What will look cool on a round face shape might not look good at all on a square face.
4. Do I really like my hair stylist Does he or she give you detailed instructions about styling your hair yourself?
You must get a haircut that YOU can make look great by yourself. So your stylist needs to help you with the how-to's.
5. Do I really know what styles I like and why? By knowing the features you like, this will help the stylist possibly taylor the style you found to you --i.e. Medium side-swept bangs or long layers in the back---the stylist may be able decide on some of these features to your face shape even though the exact style might not fit your hair.